Wiggio.com: Funny Name, Serious Collaboration Site
Wiggio.com: Funny Name, Serious Collaboration Site
Wiggio.com: Funny Name, Serious Collaboration SiteThis RILS is intended for participants to create and collaborate productively on a group project in one organized location.
Gain a better understanding of virtual collaboration by successfully creating a training module using Wiggio.com.
In the course, participants will learn to:
• Experiment with Web 2.0 instructional design process
• Analyze the training module project through visual checkpoints (calendar) offered on Wiggio.com
• Formulate learning objectives together as a workgroup
• Demonstrate their individual and group skills in using Wiggio.com
• Develop a group project, which is more efficient and reliable than the current one being used
• Present their completed training module project to staff
•Project Manager and each participant must have access to a computer with and working email account
•Project Manager and each participant must have access to Wiggio.com to set up a working account (they will be taught how to set-up the account prior to starting).
•Project Manager and each participant must have access to Prezi.com and set-up a working account (they will be instructed on how to set-up the account). Prezi.com is a Web 2.0 tool, which will be used to create a mindmap to further enhance the collaboration process.
•Project Manager and each participant must have access to a scanner and webcam. A digital camera and video camera may also be required for some participants depending on their workgroup assignments.
The entire project should be completed over the course of two months; four hours each month should be on-line virtual meetings and four hours each month should be workgroup hours.
1) The Project Manager will send a link to a video tutorial and detailed instructions for each participate to sign-up for an account on Wiggio.com. A firm deadline should be established well in advance of the first official virtual meeting in order to troubleshoot any issues.
2) For the first scheduled meeting, the Project Manager and all participants will videoconference in Wiggio.com to discuss in detail how Wiggio.com will be used to create the new training module and demonstrate the functions of Wiggio.com. The Project Manager will then give an overview of the training module project, provide the checkpoint dates and discuss the desired outcome. The participants will divide into four workgroups (represented by the four counties). The Project Manager will introduce the four different workgroup tasks; each of the four workgroups will be given their assigned activities for the final collaborative project. Once the workgroup assignments are decided, the team will begin brainstorming overall ideas regarding the training module. The Project Manager will start a mindmap on Prezi.com as everyone begins brainstorming.
3) The four workgroups will then have a separate meeting on wiggio.com (either in a chat room or teleconference) each week to discuss their assigned workgroup task.
a. First meeting:
The goal of the workgroup’s first meeting will be to divide the main task into individual responsibilities among the participants. The workgroups will use the mindmap created on Prezi.com by the Project Manager to discuss their group goals, individual tasks and to outline specific checkpoints for each weekly group meeting. Before the next team meeting with the Project Manger and all four workgroups should have divided individual tasks, researched issues involving their tasks, and compiled literature to upload into Wiggio.com for the second team meeting.
b. Each weekly work group meeting:
The first meeting has specific requirements; however, the details of the weekly workgroup meetings is decided by the workgroup during their first meeting with clear objectives and completion requirements.
4) The four workgroups and the Project Manager will meet during four scheduled times each month. During these meetings, each workgroup is responsible for presenting their compiled literature to everyone for discussion/modification.
5) For the final videoconference meeting with all for workgroups and the Project Manger, the completed training module will be presented on Wiggio.com. This will give each workgroup an opportunity to discuss/modify before it is implemented.
6) Implement the training module.
See attachment (Rubric created using www.rubistar4teacher.org)
Social participation will be implemented by continual engagement and collaboration by participants through shared documents, shared files, meeting notes, and discussion boards on Wiggio.com on a weekly basis. In their workgroups, participants will also work together to complete tasks face-to-face. They learn both through the Wiggio.com component as well as in their own workgroups; in each environment participants have the opportunity to learn from each other. Through Wiggio.com, participants prepare information to share with the entire team and Project Manager.
Wiggio (http://wiggio.com/) is a free tool that simplifies group communication by providing everything you need to work productively in one organized location.
• During the process, the participants will attend weekly workgroup meetings. The purpose of these meetings is to discuss, brainstorm, reflect and ask questions about their individual and workgroup tasks and how Wiggio.com is working for them individually. The participants will also attend weekly videoconferences with participants from all four counties and the Project Manager. This meeting will give them a broader setting to discuss, brainstorm, reflect and ask questions about the workgroup tasks at hand and how Wiggio.com is working for their workgroup. The Project Manager will provide support, direction and encouragement to workgroups. If individual meetings are necessary to assist someone struggling with their tasks or with using Wiggio.com tools, the Project Manager will schedule a private meeting.
• After the completion of the training module, the Project Manager will email a short evaluation to each participant. There will be a section for the participant, in his/her own words, to discuss their experience collaborating with Wiggio.com. The Project Manager will review the evaluations and write an “improvement plan” to present at a final meeting with the team. During the final meeting, the Project Manager will open the floor to discuss the proposed changes for future collaborative projects. A decision will be made on the changes prior to the implementation of future training modules.
Who are my learners?
• My learners are professionals in a child advocacy program, which is located throughout Florida.
•The participants will apply their previous knowledge of project development in an interactive digital environment using Wiggio.com.
• Participants will reestablish a connection with their own field of expertise through subject research and discussion; this will broaden and deepen their subject knowledge.
• Participants will also connect with colleagues by implementing the new training module to their colleagues who need the required training. The participants (now acting as the facilitators) will then evaluate the process during each phase and will update the training module as it is being implemented.
• Virtual collaboration could be used to enhance their current position and support future career advancements.