Who Am I Voki
Who Am I Voki
Who Am I VokiOverview: the purpose of this lesson is to introduce my 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students to new technology. The students at my school are so far behind in using new technological tools at my school. They are exposed to Using the Smart board and computers, but they have not used any web 2.0 tools in their classroom. The web 2.0 technology that I will expose my student to will be Voki Classroom.
At the end of this scenario the learners will be able to :
• locate information from multiple sources, including books, periodicals, videotapes, Websites, and CD-ROM’s (ELA5-E2)
• connect ideas from texts to prior knowledge and experience by using online tools
• use comprehension skills and strategies to understand text of speech, including electronic text
• summarize and evaluate information texts and electronic texts orally and in writing • reviews and reinforces understanding of the school library media center (LMC) arrangement and procedures. ELA-5-E2; T-5-D; T-3-F
• identify purpose and use of various types of information sources.
4. Voki classroom Website http://www.voki.com/products.php
1. I created a voki that will indtroduce the lesson to the students
2. Then the students will write a short paragraph about themselves
3. The will go to the computer Lab on the next day and began creating their voki
4. The students who do not finish creating their voki at school will complete them at home if they have access to a computer!
Who Am I Voki Rubric
Creates a voki about
Talks about themselves- great detail
Creates a voki
Talks some about them
Creates a voki about them
Say little about them
Creates a voki different than the assignments
Did not do anything
My school library does not have but three computers, so I will collaborate with the Computer Lab teachers. The students will make their personal voki’s in the computer Lab.
The students will create a voki, in which they will introduce themselves
Tell something about them.
Click on the links below to view my students projects
The emerging technology I have chosen to use with my students is Voki Classroom.
Voki classroom is an online classroom management system where teachers can make lessons for their students and they can manage their classroom assignments. This program offer online lesson plans. It is free to sign up but if a teacher would like to add students there is a low fee of $29.95 year. The teacher can or librarians are administrator can add up to ten classrooms. http://www.voki.com/products.php
Voki Classroom is a great tool for educators to use in their classroom! Is fun and engaging at the same time. Teachers can create their lessons online, the can create at least ten classes for a low price of $29.95 for a year subscription I find that Voki Classroom is easy to navigate. Teacher who has a problem with using technology tools will find that Voki Classroom is easy to use as well! Despite the small glitches with the system, over all Voki classroom is a dynamite web 2.0 tools for teachers and parent to use with their students and children.
My students enjoyed making their own personal voki. They were so excited about creating one until several of the students want to created more than one Vok. I gave the an opportunity to create several voki’s over their summer break. What would I do differnent If I did this project over again
I would pre plan the project at least 3 weeks in advance
I would give the students classroom teachers an opportunity to be a part of the planning process and a part of the project.
I would give he computer Lab teachers an advance notice with allowing the students to create their voki’s in the computer lab.
Target Audience will include one 3rd class, two 4th grade classes and two 5th grade classes in my present work environment.
Librarian will ask the students questions about avatars. She will ask the do the have video games are have they every played with video games or games. System. The connection that is made is that most of the students have been expose to avatars before through play with video games.