10 Creative Ways You Can Use QR Codes
Unlock fun and creative learning with QR codes
So what’s a QR code anyway? More likely than not, you’ve seen them everywhere from the neighborhood coffee shop to the super market shelf. QR (which stands for quick response) codes are like high-tech bar codes that when scanned link users to online content.
While traditionally used for marketing, many teachers have discovered the value of using QR codes to connect students and parents to resources and other digital information. Here’s a list of 10 ways you can use QR codes in your classroom:
1. Post QR code signs that links to your lesson plans or digital handouts (Go green!)
3. Links to podcast so students can listen to music at home
4. Add QR codes to homework assignments that link to extra credit assignments
5. Post QR codes on doors of school offices so students know who serves and in what role
6. Display QR codes on back to school night that link to teacher homepages
7. Provide QR codes Library books that link to additional information about the subject
8. QR codes that link to student book reviews
9. Wear a QR code tattoo at an edtech conference
10. Create QR code “Mystery Picture” Worksheets
Free QR Code Generators
We’d love to hear your ideas for using QR Codes in the classroom. Please add your ideas in the comments section.